Portsmouth defender Ogilvie suffers injury setback

Connor Ogilvie leaves the Portsmouth team busImage source, Getty Images
Image caption,

Connor Ogilvie has had surgery on his knee on two occasions

ByDan George & Andrew Moon
BBC Sport, Hampshire
  • Published

Portsmouth defender Connor Ogilvie has suffered a setback with his knee injury, head coach John Mousinho has said.

The 30-year-old full-back will now be out for the next six weeks having had a second procedure on his knee this summer.

In another blow for the Blues, forward Thomas Waddingham, who picked up an injury against West Ham in the Carabao Cup, will have ankle surgery and is set to miss at least the next 10 weeks.

Ogilvie had surgery over the summer and has not featured in pre-season or either of Pompey's two matches so far this campaign.

"Connor unfortunately had a setback with his knee," Mousinho told BBC Radio Solent.

"He had to go back in last week on the surgical front so from that point it's going to be about six weeks.

"Tom (Waddingham) is looking like he is going to need surgery unfortunately so we're looking at 10 weeks plus on the ankle.

"It's one of those that we're not too bothered at the moment about putting a timescale on this there's absolutely no point."

After losing their Championship opener against QPR last weekend, the Blues face newly promoted Lincoln City on Saturday.

Follow Portsmouth on BBC Sounds

Pre-match, post-match and topical Pompey content

Subscribe and listen for everything you love about the Blues